Wednesday, June 6, 2012

TSHIRT FEATURE v.25

Well I've been meaning to bring this back for months now and I'm so happy that I finally have a feature to share with you guys. I feel like I lost touch with what my blog was initially about. I'm a tshirt fanatic, I pretty much live on a pile of shirts and they surround me. I'm hoping I can keep up with this, baby steps! Okay enough blabbing and on to the feature.




Name/Location: Taylor Vinson, Oklahoma City.

Tell me about the shirt: Sabertooth Zombie T-shirt, tour design, X-files rip/parody/homage.

Why is it important to you?: The funny thing about this shirt, is that I bought it mostly because I thought it was a hilarious and tastefully done parody. As someone with a fairly adept sense of humor, I can appreciate a good gag. Also, this shirt has lasted me the longest of any given band shirt I’ve owned since I started going to shows. Despite my tastes in music changing, and my waistline growing, Sabertooth Zombie remains one of my favorite bands from the time I was in high school, and they’re one of the only ones still playing. AND THIS SHIT STILL FITS!

Where did you get it? : June 6th maybe? Definitely the first week of June 2008 when they came through Oklahoma City and played some shitty Christian venue with Ceremony, and Life Long Tragedy. If my memory serves correct, it was the second-to-last show LLT every played, because they broke up shortly after.

Any story you want to share about it?: A lot of the bands I used to listen to in High School, well, to put it simply in hindsight, they all suck. I was straight edge, very narrow minded, and basically just listened to every boring melodic hardcore band my friends did. I was one of the only people in that circle of friends who liked STZ, and coincidentally, I’m one of the only ones still involved with a lot of punk in that circle of friends. They grew out of it, but despite my gut, I haven’t grown out of this shirt.

I guess the Tl;dr is: Shirt is a great time/place memento. Also, Midnight Venom will make you mosh.

Post your blog/band site/whatever:
I played in two pop-punk bands, our demos are free.
http://www.amateurnight.bandcamp.com
http://www.theneedlepoints.bandcamp.com
Other than that, I just do stand up comedy, and work all the fucking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment